This is a continuation of your first assignment. Imagine your company does not currently have an ethics
program and you believe an effective program is necessary. The Federal Sentencing Guidelines for
Organizations encourages firm to set up ethics programs. Review this Website, located at
http://www.ussc.gov/guidelines, PRIOR TO DOING THIS ASSIGNMENT.
1. Briefly describe your company and then benchmark the codes of conduct used by similar
companies in the industry. Critique the codes of conduct of at least three (3) similar companies in
order to write codes for your company.
2. Analyze ways ethical challenges affect your business and create a code of conduct for your
company. Provide a rationale on how these specific codes enhance your company’s ethics
3. After reviewing the Federal Sentencing Guidelines for Organizations, explain how these
guidelines influence the ethics program you created.
4. Anticipate where the challenges or setbacks may be in the adoption and enforcement of the codes of conduct for your company. Explain how you will address these challenges and anticipated setbacks.
5. Given the influences of changing economic, political, social, cultural, and technological forces on business and society, explain how you can ensure that your codes of conduct will remain relevant in the future ahead.